This specialty covers all aspects of breast surgery such as biopsies, mastectomies, breast augmentation as well as non-surgical management.
We can perform:
- biopsies of lumps, which are analysed by our on-site laboratory for accurate and fast results
- breast reconstruction following mastectomy
For information regarding breast augmentation and reduction surgery, please see our plastic surgery page.
Benefits of breast surgery at Bupa Cromwell Hospital
We have a team of internationally recognised multi-disciplinary breast specialists. We cover the full spectrum of breast management from the diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant breast disease to breast reconstruction.
The speciality is closely aligned with the renowned Bupa Cromwell Hospital Cancer Centre which attracts patients from throughout the UK and the world seeking the latest and most effective treatments.
The team consists of:
- dedicated breast surgeons
- clinical oncologists
- medical oncologists
- radiologists who have a special interest in breast disease
- clinical specialist staff, including a breast nurse
- oncology counsellor
- physiotherapists (for lymphoedema)
This speciality is supported by our breast care nurse consultant, who offers support and advice for people going through diagnosis, treatment or after-care for a breast condition. For more information, visit our breast care service page or download our service leaflet.