Neurological surgery treats the areas of the spine and peripheral nerves.
Conditions treated include:
- blood vessel blockage causing a stroke, or in the head producing hydrocephalus
- blood vessel repair such as removing an aneurysm or arteriovenous malformation
- brain function improvement to treat epilepsy or movement disorder
- lump removal for tumours, blood clots, pus or disc prolapse
- pain elimination through cutting a nerve
Neurosurgery also involves treating both benign and malignant tumours using Gamma Knife radio surgery. Our Gamma Knife Centre was the first in London and we have successfully treated over 1,500 patients. We use the latest generation of Gamma Knife technology; the Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion.
The Gamma Knife Centre is under the direction of Professor Christer Lindquist and Professor Bodo Lippitz, who between them have over 45 years of Gamma Knife surgery experience and have trained neurosurgeons all over the world.