Nutritional consultations for in-patients
Our dieticians provide services and advice on how best to meet the nutritional requirements of each patient.
We offer nutritional consultations for a wide range of conditions for in-patients and provide tailored treatment plans. We place great emphasis on mealtimes to ensure patients receive the optimum service. This includes:
- providing tasty and nutritious drinks full of nutritional supplements
- healthcare assistants checking patients during mealtimes to see if any assistance is required and assisting in feeding as appropriate
- keeping a meal and supplement record chart indicating the amount eaten during every meal (all, half or nothing). If less than half is eaten at more than one meal over three days, the patient is referred to a dietitian
- protecting mealtimes as far as possible, so that patients can eat undisturbed
- our chefs visit the ward each day to speak with patients to ensure they are satisfied with their meals
Food preferences and sensitivities
Bupa Cromwell Hospital attracts patients of many different cultures and religions and we are used to catering for a wide range of tastes, sensitivities and preferences. Please let us know of any preferences, and we will prepare food which is appealing and nutritious. We can also cater for religious considerations such as Halal-prepared meals and periods of fasting.
You can tell us about these when you complete the registration form. Or if you’d like to speak to someone about any special dietary requests before you come to hospital, please contact our Hotel Services team on 020 7460 5551.
In addition to helping patients in hospital, our dietitians provide nutritional counseling for out-patients with a wide range of conditions as well. However, out-patients need to be referred by their GP.