In this section we offer online learning courses that contribute towards your CPD.
We will expand this content but why not start contributing to your CPD now by attending the online Diabetes in Healthcare course by Diabetes UK and Bupa.
Diabetes in Healthcare
What is it?
Diabetes in Healthcare is a free, introductory e-learning programme about diabetes for healthcare professionals who are not diabetes specialists. It has been developed by Diabetes UK and Bupa and is accredited by the Royal College of Nursing.
How does it work?
- Free to use and you can access the course at www.diabetesinhealthcare.co.uk. Registration is needed to save the healthcare professional’s data and learning history
- structured in a series of 7 modules which take around 2.5 hours to complete
- users are assessed at the end of the programme - if they pass they will receive an accreditation certificate from the Royal College of Nursing
The Diabetes in Healthcare programme includes expert information and guidance on:
- how diabetes is diagnosed, treated and monitored
- how to care for patients with diabetes effectively
- the risk factors, symptoms and potential health complications associated with diabetes (particularly Type 1 and Type 2)
- how to recognise patients at risk of health complications associated with their diabetes and how to support them to reduce their risk of developing those complications.