Audiology is the treatment of patients with hearing loss and balance problems.
Audiology tests at Bupa Cromwell Hospital are conducted in our custom built, sound proofed suite of rooms which ensure that all external noises are screened out.
The multi-specialist team works with closely with our Ear, nose and throat (ENT) consultants and audiological physicians to guarantee the most comprehensive care.
We offer the following investigations:
- Pure tone audiometry (hearing test)
- Tympanometry (middle ear function test)
- Vestibular investigation (balance testing)
- Dix Hallpike and Epley balance test
- Vestibular rehabilitation
In addition to hearing and balance tests, the audiology team offers a hearing aid consultation and fitting service, as well as custom made ear plugs for swimmers.
We also offer a specialist Children's Audiology service.