Bupa Cromwell hospital offers exceptional care for both inpatients and outpatients with Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes, based on extensive experience and knowledge. We have established a Diabetes inter-disciplinary team, consisting of leading endocrinologists and diabetes experts, diabetes clinical nurse specialists, dietitians, tissue viability clinical nurses, and specialists in diabetic foot care. This coordinated approach ensures the best possible care for diabetic patients.
We have tailored key services in response to patient needs. For example, our Diabetes Nurse works directly with patients to review their charts, identify any problems and prescribe medication. Highly trained dietitians meanwhile create tailored menus for diabetic patients, and visit in-patients through the day to check that they are receiving optimal nutrition.
The team’s primary goal is to enable the person with, or at risk of developing, Diabetes to manage their own lifestyle through promoting better health and and helping them to avoid long-term complications.
Bupa Cromwell Hospital offers diabetic patients:-
• A structured clinical assessment of relevant issues, followed by a treatment plan based on individual goals, needs and priorities.
• Blood test provision for Diabetes screening and management
• Treatment interventions (medications and therapies)
• Specialist management of diabetic foot problems
• Optimisation of blood glucose, blood pressure and other risk factors in developing complications
• Dietitian and Nurse assessment
• Structured education and support for patients and carers
• Interpreting service for any language available free of charge