This medical practice deals with the health of the female reproductive system and is divided into a number of sub-specialties.
- reproductive endocrinology and infertility treatment
- oncology, focusing on the medical and surgical treatment of women with cancers of the reproductive organs
- urogynaecology, and pelvic reconstructive surgery, focusing on the diagnosis and surgical treatment of women with urinary incontinence and prolapse of the pelvic organs
- family planning
- abnormal cervical smear follow-up
Gynaecology is an important element of our health screening programmes for women.
Benefits of gynaecology at Bupa Cromwell Hospital
We offer a full range of gynaecological services for the diagnosis and treatment of gynaecological conditions, providing a seamless patient journey. Our clinics run daily giving fast access to high quality services.
Our highly skilled consultants, specialist nurses and diagnostic technicians work together to provide outstanding gynaecological care and treatment, including minor and major surgery.
Diagnostic investigations are performed by specialists who can provide immediate results, using the latest technology and an on-site laboratory for tests including:
- bladder studies
- cervical screening
- MRI scans
- menopause blood profiling
- ultrasound for testing for conditions such as menopause, HIV, sexually transmitted diseases
- ‘well woman’ service providing annual gynaecological investigations and treatments
As you would expect from a leading private hospital we can provide female only clinicians and nurse specialists on request.
We have a minor procedure suite for treatments which are carried out under local anaesthetic including:
- ablation of thyroids
- Bartholin or sebaceous cyst removal
- cervical smear tests
- diagnostic hysteroscopy
- genital wart treatment
- hormone implant therapy
- IUCD insertion and removal, Mirena coils
- polyp removal
- sexual health screening including HPV or chlamydia
If required, we can refer you on to the most appropriate multi-disciplinary team at the hospital.