Bupa Cromwell Hospital’s Liver Health Clinic provides a full assessment of your liver, with a comprehensive review by a dedicated liver specialist, as well as lifestyle advice from a dietician.
Liver disease is a growing problem in the United Kingdom. It’s the third most common cause of premature death, and is linked to excessive alcohol consumption and obesity*. It’s estimated that there will be 63,000 preventable deaths due to liver disease in the UK over the next 5 years.
Liver disease can go unnoticed in the early stages, and many patients are unaware that anything is wrong. The quicker it is diagnosed however, the easier it is to repair a damaged liver, prevent further injury and give guidance on keeping your liver healthy. Call us on +44 (0)20 7460 5700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss treatment details and your patients’ healthcare needs.
Why choose Bupa Cromwell Hospital for liver screening?
- No GP referral required - service available to both self-referred patients and GP referred patients.
- Two day process, with tests carried out on first day, specialist consultation three days later, with all test results available.
- Tests include ultrasound of abdomen and several blood tests.
- Liver Consultant and Dietician appointments take place on same day.
- Service takes a multidisciplinary team approach, so you benefit from the knowledge of a wide range of liver related experts, from liver consultants to surgeons, radiologists and dieticians.
Clinical Nurse Specialist follow-up within 24 hours of seeing liver consultant/dietician to answer any further questions.
Full report within seven days.
Available to self-funding patients for one guaranteed package price.
The patient pathway
- Patient or GP calls Appointments on 020 7460 5700 and requests a Liver Health Package.
Two appointments booked. One for ultrasound/blood tests, and one for Consultant/Dietician appointments three days later.
Patient attends hospital for tests – nil by mouth 6 hours before (except water) to provide an accurate picture of cholesterol levels and the best possible ultrasound image.
Patient attends hospital three days later for Liver Consultant and Dietician appointments.
Clinical Nurse Specialist follow-up by phone 24 hours later to answer any further questions and provide general health and wellbeing guidance to aid liver health.
Full clinical report sent to patient within 7 days of Clinical Nurse Specialist call.
Option to book follow-up appointments with Liver Consultant or Dietician.
How much does the service cost?
How to find us
Your appointment will take place at 10 Pennant Mews, London, W8 5JN. If you require assistance, please inform us before your visit so we can arrange for you to be seen at the main hospital. The Consultant practice is located along Pennant Mews; a small cobbled street to the left of the main hospital entrance.
*Reference 1. Williams, Roger et al. (2017). Disease burden and costs from excess alcohol consumption, obesity, and viral hepatitis: fourth report of the Lancet Standing Commission on Liver Disease in the UK. The Lancet.