Our cardiac team treats disorders of the heart and blood vessels, such as heart disease and cardiovascular disease.
Our cardiac service is one of the most comprehensive in private healthcare, offering world-leading cardiology services.
We treat and diagnose heart rhythm problems, and all conditions related to the coronary arteries and heart valves.
Our consultant cardiologists and cardiac surgeons have trained at London's top teaching hospitals, sub-specialising in complex areas of heart medicine. They can carry out a range of non-invasive, surgical and interventional treatments.
So whether you need a diagnosis, surgery or ongoing management, we provide personalised gold standard cardiac care.
Cardiologists and cardiac surgeons
Cardiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons play different and equally important roles in the care of a patient with heart disease. You may need treatment from both.
Cardiologists dagnose heart conditions and handle treatment or nonsurgical procedures like balloon angioplasty, coronary stents, ablation procedures or devices like pacemakers or defibrillators.
Cardiac surgeons carry out bypass surgery and surgical valve replacement procedures. After surgery, you will usually be referred back to a cardiologist.
Some of our newer procedures may involve both cardiologists and cardiac surgeons, such as TAVI or percutaneous valve replacement procedures.
We specialise in every aspect of heart care, including:
- coronary disease – diagnosis, treatment and prevention of coronary artery disease
- heart valve problems – pioneering heart valve repair surgery including complex TAVI
- heart rhythm problems – our consultants subspecialise in electrophysiology (EP) – the study of abnormal heart rhythms – and offer the latest treatments, including cryoablation
- heart muscle problems – diagnosis and treatment of congenital conditions such as cardiomyopathy
- cardiac diagnostics – a full range of tests including Doppler monitors and tilt table testing and full coronary angiography investigations.
Why choose us?
At Bupa Cromwell Hospital, you can expect:
- leading cardiologists and cardiac surgeons
- pioneering valve surgery such as TAVI
- the latest diagnostic equipment and a dedicated angiography suite
- consultant-led multidisciplinary teams
- nursing specialists and technicians in every sub-specialty
“I had a great experience at the Cromwell Hospital; the staff were amazing, and is another level of professionalism compared to other hospitals I’ve stayed in.”
Lorne, Bupa Cromwell patient