Why choose Bupa Cromwell Hospital for Cardiology?
Bupa Cromwell Hospital is the home of world-class heart specialists, including private cardiologists, specialist nurses and technicians. Our specially trained team have some of the most up-to-date equipment and offer a wide range of services for diagnosing and treating heart conditions. This includes tests, surgery and ongoing management.
Female hearts are much smaller and beat much faster than male hearts. Our heart specialists are specially trained to understand these differences and provide the right diagnosis and treatment.
What Cardiology Services are available at Bupa Cromwell Hospital?
Our private cardiologists provide a wide range of tests and treatments.
The available tests include:
- Electrocardiograms (ECGs) - this is a test that measures the electrical activity of your heart. It may be carried out when you are resting, or on a treadmill
- Holter monitoring - this involves wearing a portable device that records your heart’s activity 24 hours a day, for between 1 and 7 days.
- Stress echo imaging – this test uses ultrasound to show how well your heart muscle is working.
- Echocardiograms with Doppler - this uses ultrasound to look at how your blood flows through your heart.
- Bubble studies – here a solution containing air bubbles is injected into your arm vein, to trace blood flow to the heart and identify any possible holes.
- Myoview exercise tests – this is where a substance is injected into your bloodstream, and then a camera is used to measure how much of it reaches your heart. This can highlight areas of the heart that are not receiving an adequate supply of blood.
- Angiograms – in this test your doctor will thread a catheter into the artery in your wrist or groin, and guide it up the artery and into your heart.
How do I pay for treatment?
We welcome both insured and self-pay patients, as well as company and embassy sponsored patients
Read more about payment options.