Lithotripsy and Shockwave Therapy
The London Lithotripter Centre at Bupa Cromwell Hospital provides Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy (ESWL) and Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT).
The London Lithotripter Centre is operated by Impact Medical Limited in collaboration with Bupa Cromwell Hospital. Established in 2003 as the only independent private Lithotripsy service in Central London, the service has recently relocated to the Cromwell.
Our specialist team uses state-of-the-art equipment and diagnostics to ensure that patients receive the best possible care in a comfortable environment. A Wolf Piezolith 3000 is used for the treatment which in a study by Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge was proved to be the most effective compared to a number of other models.
Situated within its own dedicated suite of rooms, the service has expanded its Lithotripsy clinics to also deliver orthopaedic and erectile dysfunction treatments in modern, comfortable and private surroundings.
With a history of excellence and innovation, our expert team of specialist radiographers have over 150 years of combined experience, and have been responsible for key developments in the field of shockwave and the treatment of kidney stones.
- Expert clinicians are leaders in their field
- State-of-the-art equipment and diagnostics
- Dedicated treatment rooms offer privacy and comfort
- Flexible clinic schedule offering ease of access
- 61% of our patients are treated successfully with only one treatment
- Dedicated patient aftercare and follow up
- Orthopaedic and erectile dysfunction treatments available
- Clinic referrals open to all consultants, not just Bupa Cromwell Hospital
- Consultant, GP and Physiotherapist education sessions