Using physical exercises to improve the movement of your joints and support your recovery after treatment.
Our physiotherapists help people of all ages affected by injury, illness or disability. The team offers a wide range of therapy and specialist services from our dedicated therapy department.
The team uses different physical therapies and techniques to encourage development and facilitate recovery including:
- joint mobilisation
- manual therapy
- movement and exercise
- education and advice
Our physiotherapists offer both treatment and assessment for patients staying the hospital and patients who come in for appointments only.
Our multi-disciplinary teams incorporate physiotherapy as part of your treatment. They include:
Cardiothoracic – focussed on the prevention and rehabilitation of symptoms of cardiac and respiratory disease or after surgery.
Musculosekeletal – understanding and managing your condition by building strength and improving mobility.
Neurological – providing rehabilitation following conditions affecting your brain, spinal cord and the nervous system.
Oncological – providing exercise programmes to help you manage the symptoms and side effects of cancer and its treatments.
Orthopaedic – ensuring your regain mobility and strength following surgery for bone, tendon, ligaments and joint conditions.
Paediatric – working with children to help them return to strength and fitness for a range of conditions, including neurological, developmental, post-surgical and physical problems.
Why choose us?
Our physiotherapists are skilled at giving you exactly the right kind of physical therapy for your condition.
- Rehabilitation facility: our physiotherapy unit incorporates a gym and specialised equipment for assessing your condition.
- Multidisciplinary teams: we work within specialist teams throughout the hospital.
- Bespoke: our physiotherapists create tailor-made programmes for your recovery at home.
- Equipment: our clinic provides walking aids, splints, braces and supports and your therapist will teach you how to use them.
- Advice: we're always on-hand to help you pre- and post-operatively, to discuss managing your everyday life, preparing for your surgery and improving your lifestyle to aid recovery.
“I had a great experience at the Cromwell Hospital; the staff were amazing, and is another level of professionalism compared to other hospitals I’ve stayed in.”
Lorne, Bupa Cromwell patient